General conditions of purchase and sale through the e-commerce website Purepup.uk
By using the services of the online store Purepup.uk, it is considered that you accept the General Terms and Conditions specified below in this document. If you do not agree with Purepup's Terms and Conditions, please do not use this website.
This document contains the General Terms and Conditions by which "Purepup" Ltd, hereinafter referred to as Putrepup.uk in the text of this document, provides services to its users through the online store Purepup.uk. The General Terms and Conditions below constitute an agreement to enter into a contract of sale between the person who agreed to these General Terms and Conditions, hereinafter referred to for short as "Customer", on the one hand, and Purepup.uk, on the other hand, in relation to with the request and purchase of the products offered through the Purepup.uk electronic store.
Terms and definitions
In the interpretation and application of these General Terms and Conditions, the following terms and expressions shall have the following meaning:
1. "Website/site" ("website") is a designated place in the global Internet network, accessible through its unified address (URL) under the HTTP, HTTPS or other standardized protocol and containing files, programs, text, sound, picture, image or other materials and resources.
2. " Purepup" Ltd. is the trading company, with its registered office and management address in the UK, TN4 9LQ 26. Hamilton house, Amherst Road, Royal Tunbridge Wells
3. "Www.Purepup.uk " is a website for e-commerce and distance sales of goods that are delivered after the Customer expressly requests them.
4. "Client" is a real person who has reached the age of 18 or a legal entity who has agreed to these General Terms and Conditions.
5. "Manufacturer" is any natural or legal person who by occupation produces finished goods or substantially changes or modifies a good with a view to placing it on the market or presents itself as a manufacturer by putting on the good, its packaging or on the technical or commercial documentation about it, its name or company, its production or other distinguishing mark.
6. "Packaging" is containers and any other devices or materials that are suitable to perform the function of containing and storing various goods offered directly to the Customer.
7. "Selling price" is the final price per piece or for a certain amount of goods or services.
8. "Accidental event" is a circumstance of an extraordinary nature, unforeseen at the time of the conclusion of the contract, which makes its implementation objectively impossible.
9. "Electronic link" is a link indicated in a certain Internet page that allows automated forwarding to another Internet page, information resource or object through standardized protocols.
10. "Information system/System" is any individual device or set of interconnected or similar devices which, in the execution of a certain program, provides or one of the elements of which provides automatic data processing.
11. "IP Address" ("IP address") is a unique identification number associating the Customer's computer, Internet page or resource in a way that allows locating them in the global Internet network.
15. "Commercial messages" are advertising or other messages representing directly or indirectly the goods, services or reputation of a person carrying out a commercial or craft activity or exercising a regulated profession.
16. "Malicious actions" are actions or omissions that violate Internet ethics or harm persons connected to the Internet or associated networks, sending unsolicited mail (unsolicited commercial messages, SPAM, JUNK MAIL), flooding channels (FLOOD), receiving of access to resources with foreign rights and passwords, use of flaws in systems for personal gain or obtaining information (HACK), performing actions that can be qualified as industrial espionage or sabotage, damage or destruction of systems or information arrays (CRACK), sending "Trojan horses" or causing the installation of viruses or remote control systems, disrupting the normal operation of other Internet users and associated networks, performing any actions, which can be qualified as a crime or an administrative offense under Bulgarian legislation or under other applicable law.
17. "Web page" is an integral and distinct part of a website.
Subject of the contract
Purepup.uk provides the Customer with the opportunity to purchase the products offered on the Purepup.uk website and pay the relevant sales price, subject to compliance and strict compliance by the Customer with these General Terms and Conditions, as well as those additionally indicated on the relevant Purepup.uk Internet pages, European requirements for the specific goods.
Changes to these Terms
As far as the goods offered by Purepup.uk are diverse and constantly supplemented and modified with a view to their improvement and expansion of the product catalogue, as well as in connection with legislative changes that reflect on the conditions for their offer, these General Terms and Conditions can be changed unilaterally by Purepup.uk
The changes in the General Terms and Conditions do not affect the relationship between the Customer and Purepup.uk, which arose in connection with a validly submitted prior to the notification of a request for the purchase of goods.
Publication of information about Purepup.uk products and goods
Purepup.uk publishes on the page of the electronic online store with the address www. Purepup.uk a description of the main characteristics and an image of each product, the selling price, as well as information on the methods of payment, delivery and performance of the contract, on the right of the Customer, who is a consumer within the meaning of the Consumer Protection Act and the conditions and manner of exercising it, as well as the period for which the offer and price remain in force.
Purepup.uk is not responsible if the information provided by the manufacturer of each of the goods about the characteristics of the same is incorrect.
Purchase request for the provided goods and products
The submission of a purchase request by the Customer is carried out by sequential cumulative performance of the following actions:
Determination of the type and quantity of the goods and confirmation of the request by pressing the virtual button "Order now" indicated against the relevant goods;
View delivery information (possibility to change the delivery address and set additional conditions to the request) choosing a method of payment for the sale price of the goods
The request to purchase goods from Purepup.uk is considered completed after filling in all the fields and pressing the "Buy" button.
If an incomplete, incorrect or wrong address and/or telephone number is specified when submitting the request, it is considered invalid and Purepup.uk n is not obligated to fulfil it.
Accepting the request
The purchase request is accepted by Purepup.uk through an email from a company to confirm your order and specifies any additional details on the delivery if needed.
The request becomes effective between the parties after checking the availability of the goods requested for purchase and after confirming its validity on the contact phone number specified by the Customer.
All prices on Purepup.uk are in British pounds.
The sales price due by the Customer is the one indicated in the invitation to purchase the goods at the time of submission of the purchase request.
Promotions, if there are any on the site are valid until the end of the month.
The price under the previous section and the delivery costs can be paid in the following way: by Credit or debit card or by PayPal account
The goods requested for purchase are delivered to the delivery address specified by the Customer in time:
• 1. Orders received by 3:00 p.m. on a business day are processed no later than 2 business days.
• 2. Orders received on a non-working day are processed on the first or second working day.
The goods are delivered suitably packed according to their type and the transport for delivery.
Delivery of the goods
The goods are handed over to the Customer or to a third party who accepts and confirms receipt of the same on behalf of the Customer.
When handing over the goods, the Customer or the third party signs the accompanying documents.
In the event that the Customer is not found within the delivery period at the address indicated by him or access and conditions for delivery of the goods are not provided within this period, Purepup.uk is released from its obligation to deliver the goods requested for purchase. The customer can confirm his desire to receive the goods after the expiry of the delivery period in which he was not found at the address, bearing all the costs of delivery. In this case, a new delivery period starts from the moment of the confirmation according to the previous sentence.
Right of withdrawal
The customer has the right to refuse to receive the goods requested by him for purchase, when:
The delivered goods clearly do not correspond to the ones requested for purchase by the Customer and this can be established by a simple examination of them;
The goods were damaged during transportation;
The price to be paid by the Customer does not correspond to the price due;
A customer who is a consumer within the meaning of the Consumer Protection Act pursuant Section 4
Withdrawal from an off-premises or distance contract General provisions Article 79 (1) The consumer shall have the right to withdraw from an off-premises or distance contract within 14 days from its conclusion at the latest, without giving any reason In the event that the Customer withdraws from the concluded contract within the period of the previous sentence, he should send a statement of withdrawal from the concluded contract to Purepup.uk and to return the goods intact. Purepup.uk is obliged to reimburse the Customer in full the sums paid by him no later than 14 working days from the date on which the Customer has exercised any of his right of withdrawal.
Upon receipt of the shipment, check the contents of the package for compliance of the sent goods with the submitted request.
In case of violations in the appearance of the goods, contact the courier, who is obliged to draw up a report on damage to the shipment.
Rights and obligations of Purepup.uk
- To transfer to the Customer the ownership of the goods requested for purchase;
- To deliver the goods requested for purchase on time;
- To take due care in fulfilling its obligations;
Purepup.uk has the right to:
- To install cookies on the Client's computers - small text files that are saved from the Internet page through the Internet server on the Client's hard disk and enable the recovery of information about the Client, identifying him and tracking his actions.
- To place electronic links to other Internet pages and resources and advertising banners for the sale of goods and provision of services by third parties, including electronic links and advertising banners pointing to websites located outside the control of Purepup.uk. Purepup.uk reserves the right to place electronic links and advertising banners pointing to websites outside Purepup.uk 's control and in the Customer's customer profile.
- To send unsolicited commercial messages to the Client in order to offer information and advertisements regarding its own goods and/or services offered by other merchants, as well as to make inquiries on a variety of issues, to conduct surveys and others.
- Purepup.uk has no obligation to provide computer equipment and connectivity for the transfer of information packages between the Client and Purepup.uk, necessary to access the system's resources. Purepup.uk is not responsible if the Customer is unable to access due to problems beyond Purepup.uk 's control (hardware or software problem, Internet connectivity problem, etc.).
Limitation of Liability
Purepup.uk takes care that the information in the store is always kept true and up-to-date, but does not guarantee its reliability and completeness.
Purepup.uk is not responsible for not providing access to the store, as well as for not processing or untimely processing of purchase requests, in the event of circumstances beyond its control - cases of force majeure, random events, and problems in the global Internet and in the provision of services beyond the control of Purepup.uk
Purepup.uk does not guarantee that access to the store will be uninterrupted, timely, secure and error-free to the extent that this is beyond Purepup.uk’s ability, control and will
To the extent that Purepup.uk does not have the ability to change, control or otherwise influence the quality and suitability for use of the goods requested by the Customer, Purepup.uk is not responsible for their compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements and their qualities.
Purepup.uk is not responsible for any damage caused to software, hardware or telecommunications equipment, or for loss of data resulting from materials or resources searched, downloaded or used in any way through Purepup.uk
To the extent that it does not have the objective opportunity and obligation and does not control the Internet pages and resources made available through electronic links and advertising banners placed on Purepup.uk and in the Customer's customer profile, Purepup.uk is not responsible for the illegal nature of the content and materials located on these Internet pages and resources. Purepup.uk is not responsible for damages suffered and lost profits arising from the use, access or unreliability of these materials and content. Purepup.uk does not have the obligation and objective ability to control the way the Customer uses the store.
Rights and obligations of the client
The customer undertakes:
- To provide an accurate and valid telephone, delivery address and e-mail address for correspondence;
- To pay the price of the goods requested by him;
- To receive the goods;
- Not to submit fictitious or invalid applications or other false information.
The customer has the right to:
- Online access to Purepup.uk, subject to the conditions and access requirements set by Purepup.uk
- Access and correction of your personal data online.
- By accepting these General Terms and Conditions, the Customer agrees to receive unsolicited commercial communications from Purepup.uk
The customer undertakes when using Purepup.uk:
- To comply with British legislation, these General Terms and Conditions, Internet ethics, rules of morality and good manners;
- Not to violate someone else's property or non-property rights, including intellectual property rights;
- To immediately notify Purepup.uk of any case of committed or detected violation when using the store;
- Not to interfere with the proper operation of the system, including, but not limited to, not to thwart the identification procedure of another Customer, not to access outside of the one granted to him, not to prevent other Customers from using the store, and not to use the store by away causing a denial of service ("denial of service");
- Not to extract by technical means or in a technical way information resources or parts of information resources belonging to the databases located on Purepup.uk and thus not to create its own database in electronic or other form;
- Not to impersonate another person or a representative of a legal entity or group of people that he is not authorized to represent, or otherwise mislead third parties about his identity or his belonging to a certain group of persons;
- Not to commit malicious acts within the meaning of these General Terms and Conditions.
In the event of non-compliance with the obligations under the preceding paragraph, Purepup.uk has the right to immediate compensation for all damages suffered and lost benefits, which are a direct and immediate consequence of the Client's failure to fulfil the obligations under the preceding paragraph. In these cases, Purepup.uk has the right to refer the competent state authorities to establish the relevant violation.
Purepup.uk has the right to collect and use information about its Customers when they register. Information by which a Customer of the Store can be identified may include first name, last name, surname, address, occupation, gender, age group, telephone, email address for correspondence and any other information that the Customer provides when requesting, receiving or using the services provided by Purepup.uk , participating in promotions, raffles and contests, filling in survey cards, questionnaires, forms and others.
Processing of customer information
Purepup.uk takes due care and is responsible for protecting the information about the Customer, which became known to him on the occasion of the purchase and sale of goods through the store - subject to these General Terms and Conditions, except in cases of force majeure or an accidental event.
The restrictions do not apply in the event that the Customer or persons under his control have committed malicious acts within the meaning of these General Terms and Conditions or have violated the rights or legitimate interests of third parties. In this case, Purepup.uk has the right to provide the personal information about the Customer to the relevant competent state authorities according to the current legislation.
Purposes for which the information may be used
Purepup.uk collects and uses the information for the purposes provided for in these General Terms and Conditions, as well as for offering new goods and/or services to the Client (free or paid), for offering goods and/or services offered by other parties, for promotions , to organize raffles, inquiries, surveys, to adjust the offered services to the portal member's preferences, for statistical and other purposes.
By accepting these General Terms and Conditions, the Customer agrees to the processing of his personal data for direct marketing purposes. The customer has the right to object to the processing of his personal data for direct marketing purposes by sending a written message to Purepup.uk at the indicated address or e-mail for contacts.
By accepting these General Terms and Conditions, the Client is considered to have been notified within the meaning of Personal Data Protection Act, that his personal data may be disclosed to third parties in compliance with the applicable legislation or used on their behalf for the purposes of direct marketing, and may at any time object to such disclosure or use by sending written notice to Purepup.uk at the specified address or e-mail contact.
All the purposes described above for which the information can be used are not exhaustively listed and do not create any obligations for Purepup.uk Any other purposes for which the information is used will be in accordance with UK legislation, applicable international acts, Internet ethics, the rules of morality and good manners.
Disclosure of information
Purepup.uk undertakes not to disclose any personal information about the Client and not to provide the collected information to third parties - government bodies, commercial companies, individuals and others, except in cases where:
a) Has received the express consent of the Client;
b) The information is requested by state bodies or officials who, according to the current legislation, are authorized to request and collect such information in compliance with the legally established procedures;
c) In other cases specified by law.
- The customer is obliged to indemnify Purepup.uk and all third parties for all damages suffered and lost profits, including any costs and attorneys' fees paid, incurred as a result of claims brought by and/or compensation paid to third parties in connection with non-performance of his obligations under this contract, violation of UK legislation, applicable foreign laws, these General Terms and Conditions, good manners or Internet ethics.
- The customer is obliged to indemnify Purepup.uk also for all damages caused by third parties to whom he provided his password, when using the same.
Purepup.uk is obliged to indemnify the Client for all damages caused by Purepup.uk intentionally or through gross negligence.
- The parties declare that in the event that any of the clauses under these General Terms and Conditions is/are invalid, this will not invalidate the contract, other clauses or its parts. The invalid clause will be superseded by the mandatory rules of law or established practice.
All disputes between the parties shall be resolved in a spirit of understanding and goodwill. In the event that no agreement is reached, all unresolved disputes arising out of or relating to the contract between the parties, including disputes arising out of or relating to its interpretation, invalidity, performance or termination, and disputes to fill gaps in the contract or its adaptation to new circumstances, will be resolved in the appropriate order before the Administrative Court of the BCCI.
The written form is considered to be complied with by sending an e-mail, pressing an electronic button on a content page that is filled in by the Customer or marking a field (check box) on the Purepup.uk website, etc. similar, insofar as the statement is technically recorded in a way that makes it possible to reproduce it.
The provisions of the current legislation of the United Kingdom of Great Britain shall apply to matters not settled by these General Terms and Conditions.
Conditions for the services provided. (Online agreement.)
Purepup.uk IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OUT OF STOCK! Returns/Complaints According to the Consumer Protection Act (CPLA), the goods received by the customer, due to the nature of the internet trade, can be returned within 7 days of the purchase, without any express reasons, as long as the condition of the goods be the same as at the time of delivery and from the store (in this case the supplier), including the intact packaging. The costs of returning the goods are for the account of the Customer. Goods that do not meet the quality requirements specified on the site and/or in the accompanying instructions for use, as far as such are issued for the relevant product/s, are subject to complaints. The right to withdraw from the contract according to the PPE is not valid for: Delivery of goods, which, due to their nature, cannot be returned or are subject to rapid spoilage, or there is a risk of deterioration of their quality characteristics (this applies to refills, flavorings, etc.). The user is obliged to pay the price of his order according to the method announced on the site. For questions or complaints, please call 00447821130743.
Standard form for exercising the right of complaint:
I hereby notify that I have found non-compliance of the goods/services/services with the agreed upon.
Subject of the complaint: ……………
Ordered on/Received on - ……………
Preferred method of satisfaction for goods
1. Refund of amount paid
2. Replacement of the goods with another corresponding to the agreed
3. Deduction from the price
4. Free repair in accordance with Art. 113 and 114 of the Consumer Protection Act
(Circle the desired option)
Preferred method of satisfaction for services:
1. Performance of the service in accordance with the contract
2. Deduction from the price
3. Refund of amount paid
(Circle the desired option)
I am attaching the following documents:
1. receipt or invoice;
2. protocols, acts or other documents establishing the non-compliance of the goods or services with the agreed;
3. Other documents establishing the claim by basis and amount.
(Circle the desired option)
Size of the amount claimed: ……………..
Name of the user/s – ……………
Address of the user/s - ……………
User Signature: …………….
(only if this form is on paper)